Thursday, October 4, 2007

Penang

I traveled to Penang recently to just to enjoy the food there but what I found out when I get there is not just the food but a lot more. I'm fascinated with richness of the Chinese culture in there. I stayed in one of the hotel in George Town near Penang Road, that is where I first saw a lot of Trishaw. I had a ride on it for the first time and find it very fun, just sit on it and the driver will take you around. There are a lot of old buildings in George Town area and my driver was kind enough to tell a little bit about the area histories. One thing about riding the Trishaw was, they will go in the middle of the busy road and all the car are just simply avoiding them or even stop and give a way for the Trishaw. I almost jump from the Trishaw when a car was coming toward us, the car slow down and give us a way. It was fun!! I visited few places in Penang, the Kek Lok Si Temple, Penang Hill went with the funicular train and of coz shopping at various shopping complex..the Prangin Mall Komtar and the new Queensbay Mall. Since the trip is for food trip, I went to many food stalls in Penang streets. Tried the Hokkien Mee at the food stalls in Chulia Street, Penang Char Kueh Tiau which I like very much and also Nasi Kandar at Line Clear food stall.
I would say the trip was fun 7 days was not enough. may be will come back again in the future for more.

3 comments:

pmclio said...

you have amazing photos.. Thank you for your visit to my blog..


Regards

Jollence Lee said...

Hi, thank you..you also have a lots of great photos too.

Unknown said...

Nice place thanks for sharing and useful information.
Tour and Travel Companies in Chandigarh